dinsdag 20 oktober 2015

One (ISC)2

Today I am kicking off my campaign for the (ISC)2 Board of Directors elections. You can find the slate here : https://www.isc2.org/board-slate/default.aspx

I'm excited to see so many good (and new!) candidates on the slate but obviously I'd like for you to cast a vote for me. I am proud of what was achieved during my first term on the board, between 2012 and 2014 and I would love to build on that momentum in the 2016-2018 term. I don't want to spend too much time on past achievements but I think they are important to know :

- David Shearer, who was at that moment the COO of (ISC)2, was selected as the new Executive Director after a thorough evaluation process. He took over from Hord Tipton on January 1st 2015.
- The (ISC)2 strategy was refocused on the membership, away from a pure focus on certification and training.
- The CISSP CBK and the exam based on it were reviewed and changed considerably. Reorganized domains and 40% more (and more technical) content were the results. The new certificate was launched in early 2015.
- As Chairperson of the Board I established the Bylaws committee. This committee focused on reviewing the (ISC)2 Bylaws, which were last changed in 2004. Earlier this year, the board brought the new bylaws before the membership. These new bylaws would establish stricter term limits, ensuring that the board sees a more constant influx of new blood and new ideas that would benefit the membership.
- During my first term (ISC)2 became more engaged with the security community. This happened through the support of BSides events and through the organization of (ISC)2's own Secure events. Not to forget the yearly Security Congress.

Obviously I am extremely proud of these achievements and, again, it would be my privilege if the membership decided that I can help build on that.

The core idea behind what I want to achieve is, as the title of this blog post doesn't try to hide, "One (ISC)2".

I believe in an organization that allows the members to collaborate, that provides a platform to share ideas and experiences, and that supports members learning from eachother. This will require an investment from the organization but also from the members themselves. The organization should bring the global membership together to achieve this.

I believe in an organization that represents security professionals when it comes to the bigger debates and initiatives in our profession. Most recently there have been very important debates in our industry about the use of strong cryptography, about regulation of security software and hardware, and about security in the Internet of Things. I believe an organization that represents a large amount of security professionals should be more present in these debates, through its members and by unifying the message the membership believes should be sent.

I believe in an organization that brings together professionals globally. Our profession is very fragmented and more often than not this leads to heated arguments. Whether we are incident responders, CISOs,  penetration testers, or anything in between, we are security professionals first. We share a common goal to make this world more secure and I believe (ISC)2 has the ability to drive this goal much harder than it currently does.

One (ISC)2 is the organization I want to help build during the next 3 years and I hope I can count on your support to do that. More details on what I want to achieve in which domains will be shared here over the next few weeks. In the mean time please motivate every (ISC)2 member that you know to engage in the pre-election discussions and choose the candidates that they vote for carefully.

I would look forward to serve the membership once more.

If you have any specific questions or remarks about me, my candidacy, or the future of (ISC)2, please do engage.    


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten